Love animals? Want to spend your day surrounded by wagging tails and soft purrs?
Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV), an independent, privately funded, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, has been serving people and pets in Silicon Valley for over 90 years. Having facilitated more than half a million animal adoptions, HSSV is leading the charge for animal welfare through community education programs, creative marketing techniques and effective homeless animal prevention strategies. HSSV is the first organization ever to meet the model shelter standard-of-care guidelines put forth by the Association of Shelter Veterinarians.
A High-Performing Team
We are a passionate team who believes that collaboration with one another is key to our success. While we have clear individual goals and responsibilities, we know that our best work is done by leveraging each other’s strengths and making sure to create opportunities for the work to be fun and creative.
We take our mission seriously: To save and enhance lives – both two-legged and four legged! Through compassion and collaboration, we are building a community in Silicon Valley where every pet has a home.
The Marketing Campaign Specialist will execute creative, engaging targeted marketing campaigns toward increasing leads, awareness, and engagement for key HSSV programs (from adoptions to medical services and more). These campaigns often span digital (web, social, email, search, etc.) and print (ads, flyers, billboards, etc.), and rely upon coordination with design and content resources, marketing automation, and CRM and website management. In support of achieving our strategic goals, this role will collaborate on cross-functional projects and act as daily manager of marketing metrics and associated campaign data tracking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create lead generation campaigns, measure performance, and adjust accordingly; ensure consistent messaging and branding across campaigns
- Manage production of campaign-related materials, including, but not limited to, flyers, digital signage, and ads (both digital and print).
- Develop monthly campaign metrics reports (web, email, social media, CRM, earned media, etc.) and identify recommendations.
- Utilize search engine marketing tactics to generate increased site traffic and convert site traffic through call to actions, landing pages, and lead generation content, including AdWords account maintenance for campaigns.
- Partner with team members to create digital and video assets for use in campaigns that reflect the HSSV brand and support campaign goals.
- Manage monthly updates to marketing content for LCD screens placed around the HSSV campus.
- Coordinate with design and website technical staff in support of campaigns and ensure marketing spend for campaigns stays within budget.
- Research and stay abreast of latest digital marketing trends and best practices in general and within the animal welfare/non-profit space.
- Other job duties may be assigned as needed.
- Experience producing integrated multi-channel digital campaigns and advertising/promotion on social platforms (e.g., Facebook/Instagram ads and targeting).
- Proven ability with digital analytics, including the use of KPIs to assess progress towards objectives and setting up funnel conversion goals and metrics. Experience with the following tools: Google Analytics, Google Ads and display ads, and marketing automation (e.g., Pardot). Familiarity with tools such as CrazyEgg and Salesforce CRM.
- Knowledge of copywriting for advertising, websites, and other mediums as needed.
- Project management experience and use of project management tools (e.g., Asana).
- Tactical expertise in audience research, segmentation, A/B testing, and optimization.
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Openness to editing and feedback and skills to rework to incorporate editing suggestions.
- Ability to be in contact with animals for purposes of creating marketing assets (e.g., Facebook Live or work with photographer/videographer) or at events as needed.
- Familiarity with Google Tag Manager and Webmaster Tools and running retargeting ad campaigns and managing Google AdWords grant account a plus.
- Preferred experience with using Photoshop to optimize images for digital advertising and websites and iMovie or other video editing tool to create videos.
- Print/outdoor advertising production/management and experience working with fundraising teams a plus.
Work Days and Hours
Primarily day schedule Monday-Friday but will be required to participate in events throughout the year that are on evenings and/or weekends.
Add "apps.bamboohr.com" to your email contact list so you make sure to receive emails from HSSV regarding your application.
HSSV requires all employees and volunteers to be up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccines which includes booster doses upon eligibility, subject to consideration for medical and religious accommodations.